Wednesday 17 July 2013

My Holiday Suitcase!



Only 3 sleeps to go & I'm off to Lara Beach in Turkey with my other half and my step children Jacob (15) and Olivia (13)



My original plan when booking the holiday was to lose a few stone & drop a couple of dress sizes; however my love of food and wine have been greater than my desire to be a size zero! And no-where seems to sell swimwear that makes you look 3 sizes smaller! 

Here is (some of) what I've packed for our 7 night family holiday

Firstly I LOVE shoes! probably because they always fit but I've always had an obsession with shoes and when I was growing up until I was in my late 20s wanted a shoe shop; simply called Ruth's Shoes! Here are a few of the pairs I'm packing!




River Island jelly shoes from eBay £9.99

Another favourite for my holiday is maxi dresses including this galazy print favourite from Simply Be 


I am a huge fan of leopard print and this maxi from Dorothy Perkins has served me well all season, from hen parties to family BBQs

I've really struggled this year to find swimwear that I will feel comfortable and secure in! But I am loving this 50's floral print one from ASOS and as well as feeling secure in it I also don't feel as self concsious as I would in the usual tie-side bikini bottoms that seem to be in every shop I've visited recently


My Room31 bargain sunglasses have been sat on, thrown in my handbag and in the footwell of my car & are still scratch free so they will be coming with me too! 

Every year I get a new 'family bag' - you know the one where the mother carries EVERYTHING for the whole duration of the trip! I am a bit of a control freak though so am happy to be in charge of everyone's passports/tickets etc.
This year's chosen 'family bag' is this super gorgeous & large one from Monsoon





What are your holiday must-haves?

I will be sure to share some holiday photos with you but don't worry I will not be including any in my swimwear!!

Happy holidays!
Ruth x x x 




No comments:

Post a Comment